"I wanted to make movies so big that my parents can see my success from above!!

New Delhi: Public figures do have a penchant for talking in detail about their life and success. Most of them are aware about the unique features of their personalities and exact nature of work. Well, Shah Rukh Khan is not one of them.
SRK says he is completely unaware of the causes behind his phenomenal fan following.
The superstar told PTI, "I've never understood why I succeeded as an actor. I went from Delhi to Mumbai at the age of 22 and eventually became a movie star, but I've never been able to analyse my success".


Khan explained: "I wanted to make movies so big that my parents can see my success from above. No one can compete with me because no one else has this target." Shah Rukh is one of those actors, who made it to the big screen without any godfather. Starting from television serials, he graduated to films with 1992 release Deewana, where the lead actor was Rishi Kapoor, but his particular acting style and dialogue delivery got him noticed.
Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Dil Aashna Hai and Maya Memsaab fetched SRK the recognition he needed but he became a household name with Baazigar and Darr. Thereafter, a string of both popular and critically acknowledged films happened, and SRK became one of the most dependable actors of the tinsel town.
Speaking on the occasion of the launch of management maestro Arindam Chaudhuri's latest book 'Thorns to Competition', SRK disclosed his obsession with his work, "I am obsessed about my career. I do my job for me, not for anyone - not for my son or daughter or wife. I want to die in the flash of lights from the camera - that's how obsessed I am".
Always known as a fearsome workaholic SRK has been criticized in the past for his love for money. He has not shown any qualms about dancing at wedding parties or about promoting anything and everything under the sun. He explains the reason: "I don't come for free so I am very cheap. You can make me do an item number in films, dance at a wedding, do street theatre as long as it makes people smile. I sell dreams; I think I can sell anything. Life comes with a price tag and a little money makes living easier."
ShahRukh Khan tasted huge success with Chak De, where he played a gritty hockey coach Kabir Khan. Similarly, My Name is Khan became a roaring success, especially overseas.
And now his Ra.One is all Set to break every single records of bollywood.

Want to say something on this topic? please write us.

 
Powered by Blooywood Portal