'The best special effects of Ra.One happened at Mannat'

In the first part of this interesting conversation with Anubhav Sinha, the director spoke about directing two superstars, Shah Rukh Khan and Rajnikanth.

In this part, Sinha tells Sonil Dedhia how he first met SRK in New Delhi when they were trying to make it big in showbiz. He gives some closer details about SRK, and also talks about the toughest part of shooting Ra.One.

Reports suggest Karan Johar and Tarun Mansukhani directed a portion of Ra.One. Is that true?

Karan Johar directed for a day and a half but Tarun Mansukhani did not direct anything. Tarun did come on the sets for one schedule and I don't want to speak about why was he there. He is a very dear friend of mine and I respect him and his work.

Why did Karan come on board?

It was on my insistence Karan directed the part. Ra.One was shot for 160 days. We were shooting in London and for some logistical reason the shoot had to be extended. We didn't want to cancel it. Initially, Shah Rukh and I had decided to do the shot breakdown on paper and he would shoot in London and I would juggle between the two locations. But we realised that would not be wise.

I asked Shah Rukh if Karan could shoot the two- day schedule and he was gracious enough to do it.

So was Shah Rukh Khan going to direct a part of Ra.One?

Not really direct a part of the film. As I said earlier, I would do the shot division and he would execute it and okay the shot.

 
Powered by Blooywood Portal