There is a superhero hidden in every father: SRK

He zipped into the city, wowed the waiting throngs, danced to a few beats and won thousands of hearts - all in the way only he can.

People looking for their superhero got the feel of him as Shah Rukh Khan bared his heart about "Ra.One", his Diwali release, at a city theatre on Monday. "Children have become very important as the audience these days and this film is dedicated to all the youngsters. My own relationship with my father was very important as I lost him very early. I believe that a father and a son share a very unique relationship - much different from what the child shares with the mother. Every son should believe that there is a superhero hidden in his father," said ShahRukh.

Talking about how different the film was from his other hits like "My Name Is Khan", he said, "Every film has its own appeal. "My Name Is Khan" was a very niche film and had an important social message. But "Ra.One" is an out-and-out entertainment film with its usual dose of songs and dance. It has a wider appeal and many more prints have been sent overseas this time."

The film has tested other actors as well and Arjun Rampal, who plays Ra.One, the bad guy, in the film admitted that his own daughters were scared when they saw him with a shaven head. "This is the first time a film has been named after the villain and my role was very important. While "Om Shanti Om" was super-challenging for me, I pushed myself really hard for this film too. The physical activity was intense and I didn't know that certain muscles in my body existed," Arjun said.

While the action had both the stars injured, Shah Rukh revealed that these sequences are not violent or mean. "The action sequences are very stylized and the hand-to-hand fights are very well choreographed. We have two very special car chase scenes, which would be a first in India and there is a spectacular scene in which an entire building is brought down," he said. And why did he start his film promos so early? Was he scared of competition from the other Khans? "I am Shah Rukh Khan and I never ask people to come and see my film. This film was special and that's why we started early," he signed off.

 
Powered by Blooywood Portal